Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Saturdays

Saturdays are usually cosy days for me if I can help it .. Starting the day with watching Saturday Kitchen in my PJs with a cuppa tea - there's something I find quite relaxing about watching cookery programmes. I've observed that Saturday Kitchen disproves the theory that blokes can only do one thing at a time. How that bloke can be a Mary and a Martha by cooking and interviewing his guests at is beyond me. I'm a Martha by the way ... I'll natter away to my friends until the smoke alarm tells me to stop!

Then I did a few houseworky things like, put out the washing, clean out the cat's litter tray, vacuum the lounge. Then something cool happened the sun came out! I walked into town with one of my best friends, we ended up exploring the 99p shop and both of us were quite taken to discover these foreign Cinnamon biscuits and bought a pack each along with a big pile of other biscuits for Sunday school. We both picked up a few other bits on our random lists and ended up drinking lattes in a sunny spot sat at an outside table of a well down coffee shop on the main street, chatting, watching the shoppers go buy.

I did intend to do more write more of my story today but it didn't happen, that's okay though, Saturdays, ideally shouldn't have rules nor room for feeling guilty and besides I have a cat needed cuddling too!

Saturday evening for me is often pizza and a glass of wine evening. Watched Miranda interview Bruce on TV which made a very interesting combination followed by an episode of Grand Designs, which to my frustration the cat and I fell asleep to and never got to see the end result. I now I find myself wide awake at bed time, why does that happen? But all in all it has indeed been a cosy Saturday, how do you spend yours?

spotty pjs and mug

“What day is it?"
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh. 
― A.A. Milne

2 comments:

  1. Meant to ask, what's the story about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like The Great British Bake Off? Makes me want to stuff my face with cake!! Saturday is pretty much like every other day in Austin Towers!! :)

    ReplyDelete