Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

Rainy days and Mondays...

I didn't see anybody I knew today, and by the end of a day alone I often feel like I loose a grip of reality a bit and negative thoughts start coming into my head and I start to feel useless. I've been reading this really good book though called 'In Search of Significance' by Robert McGee. He points out how irrational negative thoughts can be and their power to be quite destructive really. Thinking good thoughts is important, even when there is nobody around to bounce them off and affirm them.


I did have some lovely emails in my inbox today, including one from a lovely friend I made on a sailing holiday on a tall ship. That bought back lots of happy fun memories, like having to go on Watch on shifts at all hours. I once took turn to steer the ship whilst the sun was rising, that was beautiful. Another shift we did was on a clear but rather rough night (gale force 7 winds). I remember looking up and seeing this amazing blanket of bright stars.It looked like the sky was wobbling, but it was of course the boat. I think that's how I see God sometimes, it seems like he is 'wobbling' when actually it's me, my thoughts, perspective and emotions. God is always steady as a rock.

“Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?'
'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.” 
― A.A. Milne

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment