Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Love is...

Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut, Doesn’t have a swelled head, Doesn’t force itself on others, Isn’t always “me first,” Doesn’t fly off the handle, Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others, Doesn’t revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end

This was what I was reading in the Bible today. I'm not sure I've ever read it from the Message version before. On the whole I prefer the NIV. For example "Puts up with anything" is not the same as the precious word "protects". Never the less an interesting translation. 

I want to love the way God does - selflessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment