Pages

Thursday 19 September 2013

Good Company

Had a lovely lunch out today with 2 friends from church, mother and daughter. Daughter is due to go back to uni on Sunday for her second year, so it was a privilege to spend time with them. We ate in this lovely coffee shop in a little town/village called Newent. I had homemade quiche and coleslaw followed by a rockyroad - their cakes are very popular! The coffee shop is in a Christian bookshop so after we had lunch we looked around the cards and pretty bits and pieces - lots of things with owls on for some reason - coasters and the like. I find owls quite disturbing for some reason, I wouldn't like anything 'owlish' in my house. My friend and I had arranged to visit another friends new baby the following week so we chose some books to buy her older brothers so they didn't feel left out which was a great idea.

We then suddenly remembered the original reason why we came - to look for some study books to use for church home group, one jumped out at us so we bought that one. We had a very leisurely time all in all - good company, good food, a good mouch and no rush - my kind of outing for a cloudy day. Then when I got home it was nice not to worry about cooking. I had a bit of a rest. Then off out again to home-group where we successfully and agreeably made a plan of what to do up til Christmas, which I thought was quite an achievement!

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like “What about lunch?”
Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment