Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

First of September

'paw' sculpture in park"I do hope this lovely weather takes us through September." a lady in church said to me. I know what she means, we were still wearing our winter coats in June, we did not have a Spring so we are longing for summer to last.

I find whenever I have the chance to go out when the sun comes out I clutch on to those sunny periods outdoors as if they were a species of animal about to become extinct.

I don't have a garden but what I do have is a lovely small park just across the road. It's just been given  a revamp and these wooden sculptures have been installed, I'm not quite sure what they are meant to be, Maybe the idea is you can make them whatever you want them to be., When I see the top one I think of a paw, maybe a dog's, maybe a cat's depending on what mood I'm in.


wooden statue with trees viewableThis one to the left looks to me like it's two  people about to kiss, but because it's a statue you know it's safe to stare, nothing will happen!

same statue with wall visableLooking through the circle you see different things at various angles, makes a neat frame. From certain positions all you can see is this brick wall which is not very good.

From other angles you get to see the depth of woodland and trees.  If you're feeling really philosophical it could be about changing your perspective when you can't change a situation ... being able to see a glimpse of life beyond and trust God will see you through to it, whilst the reality stares you in the face ... like when the person you love starts loving someone who's not you,
"Hope for the broken hearted".. I like that name.

bed of busy lizzies
And finally the flower beds ... these welcoming busy lizzies are still looking very happy to be alive to me. There's also a lovely oak seating area, curved and comfortable to sit on and read your book. It overlooks these flower beds but I couldn't shoot that as there was a chap occupying it, maybe next time - there are lots of other quirky things in this park, including interesting looking historic monuments and listed buildings.

More of that another when I take another wander around my friendly little park!


“Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” 
― A.A. Milne
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment