Pages

Sunday 22 September 2013

A break with a friend

A good friend of mine has a pretty full on job and family so a few weeks ago I suggested we both go and stay in my parents place while they are on holiday in America. So after church we caught the train to Cardiff. I love travelling by train and I never tire of the trip from Gloucester to Cardiff which goes along the river Severn. It's beautiful.

When we arrived we had a cup of tea, unpacked our stuff and headed to the pub over the road for tea. She had a big grill and chips and I had chilli. We both had the yummy cheesy garlic bread as a side. A treat! Then we headed back to the flat, put our PJs on, opened a bottle of wine and settled down to watch the long awaited first episode of series 4 of Downton Abbey. A very relaxing evening. My mission for the next few days is for my friend to have a well deserved relax.


“Friendship," said Christopher Robin, "is a very comforting thing to have.” 
― A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment