Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Back to School - for me this time

I started a 12 week college course today going through an overview of the Old Testament. I really appreciate the opportunity to learn with others again with a Tutor who has spent endless hours studying the complexities of it. When I read parts of the Old Testament, it's really hard to recognise the God I love, particularly in the bloody parts.

I have loads of questions and I'm looking forward to being able to ask them, particularly as our tutor reassured us there is no such thing as a silly question.

I can't wait to get stuck in. Judges is an example of a book that gives me nightmares! I really enjoyed being in the academic environment again though.

Then this evening I finished something completely different - setting out a website proposal for a new charity - also exciting stuff!

Good day - incase you're wondering I've set myself the challenge of writing a blog post for each day in September to try to get over a block I've developed in writing. Thank you patient reading friend for reading my ramblings!

Stuff like Gideon slaughtering his own people needs explaining to me

“But it isn't easy,' said Pooh. 'Because Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.”

― A.A. MilneThe House at Pooh Corner


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the course!!

    BTW If my commenting is spasmodic, it's because Bloglovin (which I use to follow blogs) seems to be a bit random!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I struggle with the Quentin tarantino level of violence too, particularly when it seems to be god orchestrating it. Look forward to hearing what you learn about this!

    ReplyDelete